Arctic Medicine: Arctic Medicine, Day 3: the Trapper

 

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Arctic Medicine, Day 3: the Trapper

Although it was a cold minus 42 celcius yesterday, we were all anxious to get out of the residence on Friday night. So we all headed off to the MacKenzie Hotel for some dinner.  A bunch of the girls shared the biggest plate of nachos I've ever seen, bruschetta, and spinach-artichoke dip. The food was really tasty, but we all had our jackets on cuz it was absolutely freezing in the restaurant! One of us checked the thermostat and it read 13.9 degrees celcius we couldn't believe it. We asked the waitress to turn up the heat and she said she couldn't but didn't explain why. Not able to withstand the cold any longer, when nobody was looking, one of us got up and increased the temperature of the thermostat. It didn't warm up even 20 minutes later, so I guess it was just too cold or the insulation in the restaurant really sucked. We decided to leave. That guy in the middle is an RCMP officer (equivalent to the American FBI agents). He was cool, even danced and sang a karaoke song with me! haha

Next stop was Jenn's house, for karaoke! I never had that much fun singing karaoke before. One of the nurses owned the karaoke machine and all the CDs. She had them organized so well I was a bit afraid to touch them. Her song selection was really fun too.
After warming up at Jenn's, we headed off to the infamous Trapper pub/bar downtown. They had the best music ever!! I never would have thought that listening to a fiddle in a bar would be cool, but it ended up being so much fun! All of us danced, and just had fun watching this little man strutting his stuff. Kind of reminded me of the music I heard in Newfoundland!
I walked home afterwards. It took me 10minutes, but by the time I got home, I couldn't feel my legs anymore. I kept hitting them to get the blood flowing thru them again, and after about 15minutes, they started to feel normal again. My hair was frozen, and parts of my jacket were covered in ice-mist.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Hi there! I realize this is kind of off-topic
    but I needed to ask. Does building a well-established website such as yours take a massive amount work?
    I am brand new to writing a blog however I do write
    in my journal every day. I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any recommendations or tips for new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

    Also visit my weblog ... Buy apple stem cell serum

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon May 27, 06:53:00 PM 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home